Pages

1.21.2012

18 January-Toltec mounds

So, first post! It begins! Muahaha!

I don't know what that was all about, but OK.

Anyway, we have started off our.. whatever you call this with visiting the Toltec Mounds.
There's not much to say about it, except that it was just a little disappointing, although I don't know what we were expecting.

Very, um... Picturesque.
My mom has decided that she's going to take a picture where she "interacts" with every park we visit. In this case, she "squashed" the mound.
Preserve the mounds, but not the birds!
Apparently, the lady who owned them previously thought that the mounds were built by the Toltec indians, but she was later proved wrong. And yet, they are still called the Toltec mounds. And the city they are in is named Toltec as well. That's the South for you!
The trees were pretty, I have to admit.
The mounds, not so much.
I think the best part (at least, my mom's favorite part) may have been the visitor's center with all the animal skins. Why they had them, we may never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment